‘Tis the season of holiday parties, family get-togethers, and festivities! Looking to spread the cheer at your next holiday bash, celebrate with family, or just cozy up next to the fireplace after a long day of holiday baking? Well, we’ve got you covered.
We’re kicking off the holiday fiesta season with a festive round-up of traditional Latin cocktails, ponches, and cafes that are sure to get you in the spirit! Salud!
1. Rompope – This Mexican version of silky eggnog is served at every fiesta. Spiked with rum, this creamy delight is a must-try recipe.
2. Cinnamon Persimmon Margarita – This bright holiday margarita made with cinnamon persimmons can be made for two or doubled for your next holiday party.
3. Sparkling Citrus Margaritas – It’s not the holiday without a bit of the bubbly. A hint of fresh citrus, a touch of sweetness, and a splash of tequila all topped off with champagne. A holiday must-have!
(Adriana Martin )
4. Hervido de Piña Nariñense (Colombian Pineapple Hot Drink) – A traditional hot drink from the Nariño department of Colombia. Hervidos are made by boiling fresh fruit juice, such as pineapple (piña), passion fruit (maracuya), or blackberry (mora), with sugar. Then the hot juice is mixed with aguardiente, an anise-flavored liquor from Colombia. Hervidos are wonderful cocktails for the cold weather.
5. Pumpkin Spice Warm Latte – When the temperatures drop, this spiced latte with Kahlúa is sure to make your holidays cozy.
6. Holiday Cocktail – A special cocktail to celebrate the season, this recipe combines natural guava and coconut flavors. It’s the perfect combination to surprise your guests during the holiday time!
(Marnely Rodriguez-Murray )
7. Cola de Mono / Chilean Coffee Eggnog – A traditional drink in Chile: cola de mono, literally monkey’s tail, is almost the same as eggnog, but with the addition of coffee and pisco, a kind of brandy.
8. Cherry Canela Cooler – After a fun afternoon of holiday shopping, reward yourself with something refreshing. This cherry-canela cooler is the sure to hit the spot.
9. Hot Toddy – Looking for a holiday nightcap? Try this warm hot toddy tonight and sleep like a baby. These toddys are addicting.
10. Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple – Ever thought of making a drink with one of the many half-empty jam jars you receive as holiday gift? Thanks to this fun technique, you can make drinks like this Lemon & Pineapple Mocktail on a daily basis (and be sure to add some booze on the weekends if you’d like!)
Calientito (Warm Pear Cider) – Warming up is easy to do with this tasty pear calientito. You can serve it in your favorite mug or try these chic and eco-friendly mugs. These festive handcrafted mugs made from Asian pears are sure to awe your guests.
12. Ponche Navideño de Manzana – A Christmas punch made from apple nectar, guavas, and pecans for added flavor and texture. Each sip is like a hug in a cup.
13. Ponche (Spiked Eggnog) – This traditional drink from the Dominican Republic , is widely popular during Christmas, is like eggnog but thicker in texture and the best part, it includes rum.
–Courtesy of Parade.com