Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi postponed his concert in Venezuela, after the attacks and threats at the beginning of the month by the number two of Chavismo, Diosdado Cabello, reported the AFP agency.
“The Luis Fonsi concert La Noche Perfecta Tour 2022, originally scheduled for October 28, is postponed until further notice due to unexpected changes in the logistics of the show,” reads a statement released on social networks by the production company. of the event.
“The new date of the international artist, who is worth mentioning, has wanted for years to reunite with his beloved Venezuelan public, will be announced soon,” reads the text.
The event would take place in the Poliedro de Caracas, a venue for 20,000 spectators and which is administered by the regime of Nicolás Maduro.
After the date of Fonsi’s concert in the Caribbean country was announced, Diosdado Cabello attacked and insulted the singer and threatened the Chavista officials who go to his concert.
“He can come, in Venezuela we don’t have those rolls, but never and can never be taken away from him that he is immoral, these people charged for saying what they said, why now with their very washed faces they come to sing to Venezuela, “he said the Chavista leader in his television program Con el Mazo Dando, broadcast by the public channel Venezolana de Televisión.
Previously, Cabello read a press release announcing the return to Venezuela of the singer of “Despacito”, and immediately reacted with a publication that the artist had made years ago.
“Maduro tried to use ‘Despacito’ and I stopped him: he is a dictator,” the artist once said.
For this reason, Cabello also threatened Chavismo officials so that they would not attend the show in Caracas.
“I’m not going to those concerts, but I’m going to have cooperating patriots (the way Cabello calls his spies) in the VIP area. If this guy spoke badly about Venezuela, called for an invasion of Venezuela, not a single state official should be there,” he said.
Finally, the Chavista leader used insults against the artist, “where is he from, from Puerto Rico? That’s a puppy from the empire right next door,” he added.
But Luis Fonsi was not the only artist that Cabello referred to, Puerto Rican singer Olga Tañón was also part of the onslaught of Chavismo’s number two.
“Olga Tañón also said that she did not come to Venezuela or lit on fire, because there was a dictatorship here and they went there, in the battle of the bridges to give a concert, they are immoral,” said Cabello.
Luis Fonsi is not the first international artist to suspend his performances in Venezuela due to threats from the Chavista regime. Earlier this month, Colombian singer Juanes did the same after Cabello called him “immoral” and even questioned the methods by which he made his name.
The also first vice president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela assured, without showing any evidence, that the former president of Colombia, Álvaro Uribe was the first godfather in Juanes‘ musical career. “And if Uribe was the first godfather of his musical career, drug trafficking is behind his career,” said Cabello.
Cabello recalled that Juanes participated in Venezuela Live Aid, a massive recital held in the city of Cúcuta, bordering Venezuela, which in February 2019 supported the humanitarian aid sent to the Caribbean country by the US.
“Nicolás is still the president and you are going to come. It is immoral. You are a supreme immoral. You are a great immoral! You come for the money, after saying that you were not coming to Venezuela, after you sang in a concert when he was leaving to invade Venezuela, talk, talk,” said Cabello during his program on state television.