Mark your calendars, it’s almost time: First Round Voting for the 2023 GRAMMYs, officially known as the 65th GRAMMY Awards, officially opens tomorrow (Thursday, Oct. 13). With First Round Voting just around the corner, the Recording Academy is hosting in-depth conversations on Instagram Live and Twitter Spaces with voting members and Academy leaders to discuss the GRAMMY voting process and celebrate the importance of voting for the 2023 GRAMMYs.
Take a look at the schedule of upcoming Instagram Live and Twitter Spaces conversations below. Make sure to follow the Recording Academy on Instagram and Twitter where you can watch all the in-depth conversations live.
Need more help? Read our guide outlining everything you need to know about First Round GRAMMY Voting for the 2023 GRAMMYs.
And remember: Recording Academy voting members have the potential to influence the future of music, empower creators, and inspire innovation through their votes. So make sure you open and review your ballot early, give yourself time to mindfully listen to your peers’ entries, and cast your votes to let your voice be heard.
Tuesday, Oct. 18, 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET
- Guest: Thunderpussy (Molly Sides), all-female rock band from Seattle
- Guest: Ericka J. Coulter, Senior vice president of A&R, Warner Records
- Guest: Dani Deahl, President of the Recording Academy’s Chicago Chapter
- Moderated by Jessica Toon, Executive Director of the Recording Academy’s Pacific Northwest Chapter
Friday, Oct. 21, noon PT/3 p.m. ET
- Guest: Kimie Miner, GRAMMY-nominated producer and songwriter
- Guest: Eric Lilavous, Producer and President of the Recording Academy’s Pacific Northwest Chapter
- Moderated by Brittany Presley, Sr. Membership Manager at the Recording Academy
Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET
- Guest: Etana, GRAMMY-nominated reggae artist
- Guest: Morgan Enos, Staff Writer at the Recording Academy/GRAMMY.com
- Moderated by Lewis Robertson, Chief engineer at OwlCove Productions
Friday, Oct. 21, at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET
- Guest: Prince Royce, Latin GRAMMY-nominated international artist
- Guest: Tanerelle, Singer/songwriter and actor
- Guest: Deep Sea Diver, Seattle-based band
- Moderated by Qiana Conley, Executive Director of the Recording Academy’s Los Angeles Chapter
2023 GRAMMYs: KEY DATES
- First Round Voting: Thursday, Oct. 13 – Sunday, Oct. 23
- 2023 GRAMMYs (65th GRAMMY Awards) Nominations Announcement: Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Final Round Voting: Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022 – Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2023
- 2023 GRAMMYs (65th GRAMMY Awards) Telecast: Sunday, Feb. 5, 2023
MUSIC’S ONLY PEER-VOTED AWARD
The GRAMMY is music’s most prestigious honor and the only peer-recognized award in music. It represents the full recognition and respect that comes from within the global family of music people. Every vote affirms this prestige and continually refreshes the meaning of excellence in music and the recording arts and sciences.
As active, working musicians and creators across all genres and crafts, Recording Academy voting members are responsible for representing the music community and celebrating the creative accomplishments of their peers.
To evolve alongside the ever-changing musical landscape, the Recording Academy accepts proposals for GRAMMY category changes or amendments from its robust, diverse membership body every year.
As a result, the 65th GRAMMY Awards will honor creators across 91 total categories, including the below five newly announced categories, which will debut at the 2023 GRAMMYs next February:
- Songwriter Of The Year, Non-Classical
- Best Alternative Music Performance
- Best Americana Performance
- Best Score Soundtrack For Video Games And Other Interactive Media
- Best Spoken Word Poetry Album
Remember: Recording Academy voting members can vote in up to 10 categories across up to three fields on their member ballot, in addition to all four categories in the General Field (Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Best New Artist). To help ensure the quality of GRAMMY voting, members are directed to vote only in their areas of expertise.
THE GRAMMY BALLOT, UPGRADED
This year’s GRAMMY ballot will continue to include the personalization, search and flexibility that voters love, with one key added benefit.
To make the voting process even more seamless, we’re launching a category selection tool that will minimize scrolling time and create an easy-to-use, custom ballot for each voter.
2023 marks a huge milestone in music history with the upcoming 50th anniversary of hip-hop.
While creators across all genres and crafts will be recognized at the GRAMMY Awards on Feb. 5, we invite Recording Academy voting members who are members of and experts in the rap community to kick-start the celebration of this history-making genre by casting their First and Final Round votes in the Rap Field and categories.
VOTING AND SOLICITATION GUIDELINES
It is imperative that our Voting Members participate in the GRAMMY Awards process in a fair and ethical manner and only make choices based on artistic and technical merits of the recordings. Before voting, make sure to read the Voting and Solicitation Guidelines and Voter Code of Conduct.
HOW TO VOTE
Recording Academy voting members can access their First Round GRAMMY Voting ballot via their member dashboard beginning Thursday, Oct. 13.
Before voting opens, please make sure you have the correct email and password. If your credentials are invalid, reset your password. For further assistance, contact the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general voting support, contact 833-789-VOTE (8683) or email@example.com.