This particular conclave may be setting records for news coverage. But a few items are slipping through the cracks in most major news stories. Here are five things you probably haven’t read yet:
- The Catholic News Service offers an alphabetical list of voting cardinals according to their first names in Latin. These are probably the names that will be used when a new pope is announced.
- The Raw Story says the conclave menu includes “soup, spaghetti, small meat kebabs and boiled vegetables.” Roman restaurants have nothing to fear.
- Check out the conclave play list. Time prints in online and if you have Spotify, listen to a few selections. Anybody know the tune to “Tu es Petrus?”
- Take a look at a typical bedroom inside St. Martha’s Guesthouse, where the cardinals are sleeping inside the Vatican.
- Read the full text of the oath sworn by the cardinals as the conclave began.
–Courtesy of OregonLive.com